ScummVM 0.7.0 has been released, just in time for Christmas Eve. It comes with the following improvements:
- Added preliminary support for 26 Humongous Entertainment titles
- Added support for FLAC (lossless) encoded audio files
- Added native support for Macintosh versions of some SCUMM games — this means the ‘rescumm’ tool is now mostly obsolete, and you can now play those games directly from the original CD
- Added smooth horizontal scrolling for The Dig, Full Throttle and COMI (matching the original engine)
- Added support for compressed speech and music in Broken Sword 1 and 2
- And as usual, we fixed lots and lots of bugs
ScummVM 0.6.0 has been released. It comes with the following improvements:
- The classic V1 versions of the original LucasArts SCUMM games Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken and the LucasArts SCUMM game ‘Full Throttle’
- Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2. Many thanks to Revolution for providing us with the source-code to these games.
- Support for Flight of the Amazon Queen. Thanks to Steve and John for providing us with the source code to this game, and permitting its release as freeware.
You can download Flight from the Amazon Queen’s from ScummVM’s downloads page. As with last year’s freeware release of Beneath a Steel Sky, it works great in the Dreamcast version! 🙂