ScummVM 0.8.0 has been released. It comes with the following improvements:
- New improved launcher and in-game GUI
- Support for Inherit the Earth and Gobliiins
- Playstation Portable, Playstation 2 and EPOC/SymbianOS ports
- CGA and Hercules rendering modes for some games
- Preliminary support for NES and C64 LucasArts games
- Much improved support for Humongous Entertainment children games (Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, Putt-Putt, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear, Backyard Sports and Buzzy)
In addition, the freeware CD edition of Revolution Software’s Beneath a Steel Sky has been updated to the last-known-released version, and it has been updated with the now-needed SKY.CPT file. You can download the latest version from ScummVM’s downloads page.
ScummVM 0.7.0 has been released, just in time for Christmas Eve. It comes with the following improvements:
- Added preliminary support for 26 Humongous Entertainment titles
- Added support for FLAC (lossless) encoded audio files
- Added native support for Macintosh versions of some SCUMM games — this means the ‘rescumm’ tool is now mostly obsolete, and you can now play those games directly from the original CD
- Added smooth horizontal scrolling for The Dig, Full Throttle and COMI (matching the original engine)
- Added support for compressed speech and music in Broken Sword 1 and 2
- And as usual, we fixed lots and lots of bugs
ScummVM 0.6.0 has been released. It comes with the following improvements:
- The classic V1 versions of the original LucasArts SCUMM games Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken and the LucasArts SCUMM game ‘Full Throttle’
- Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2. Many thanks to Revolution for providing us with the source-code to these games.
- Support for Flight of the Amazon Queen. Thanks to Steve and John for providing us with the source code to this game, and permitting its release as freeware.
You can download Flight from the Amazon Queen’s from ScummVM’s downloads page. As with last year’s freeware release of Beneath a Steel Sky, it works great in the Dreamcast version! 🙂
ScummVM 0.5.0 has been released. It comes with the following improvements:
- Extensive overhaul of the music subsystem, more games now support music
- Support for the Enhanced (V2) versions of Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken
- Support for Beneath a Steel Sky, made possible thanks to Revolution Software supplying us with the original assembly source code!
- Aspect Ratio correction added, by popular request
Even more awesome, Revolution Software’s excellent Beneath a Steel Sky is now available for free! You can download either the floppy or the CD version with full speech from ScummVM’s downloads page. Both versions work great in the Dreamcast version! 🙂
I love adventure games, so my current favorite emulator is definitely the new one that’s aimed at the LucasArts SCUMM adventures, ScummVM. It began life last year, but now it’s become even better since there’s now a preview port by Mark Thomas for the Dreamcast!
This version is based on ScummVM 0.1.0, which has better support for Full Throttle and preliminary support for The Dig!